Support Jigsaw in the News & Star's competition
- Friday, 12 November 2021
Supporters of Jigsaw, Cumbria's children's hospice can now help the charity win a share of £25,000 as part of a competition being run by the owners of the News & Star.
More than 1,000 votes were cast in the first stage of the Readers' Choice competiton where people were asked to put forward local charities they thought deserved to be in the competition. Jigsaw - the only children's hospice in Cumbria - was one of two county-based charities which received the most votes.
Now it's up to you supporters to choose who will win some of the money.
Until November 28th, readers will be invited to collect tokens from the newspapers which can then be taken to collection points across the region or posted. Each token collected will then be used to allocate cash to the nominated charity – so if a charity collects 50% of all to tokens collected, it will receive 50% of the money.
There are various collection points for these tokens:
- Cumbria Wildlife Trust, Gosling Sike, Houghton Road, Houghton, Carlisle, CA3 0LD
- Eden Valley Hospice, Durdar Road, Carlisle, CA2 4SD
- Hospice Furniture Shop, Unit C, Madford Retail Park, Carlisle, CA2 5BT
- Lonsdale Street Shop, The Exchange, Lonsdale Street, Carlisle, CA1 1BZ
- Lanes Bookshop, 79 Lowther Street, Carlisle, CA3 8EF
- Penrith Shop, 15 Devonshire Street, Penrith, CA11 7SR
- Sainsburys, Church Street, Carlisle CA2 5TF
- Tesco, Warwick Road, Carlisle CA1 2SB
- Brucciani’s, 27 Scotch Street, Carlisle CA3 8PY
- Harraby Community Campus, Edgehill Road, Carlisle CA1 3SN
- Morrisons, Kingstown Road, Carlisle CA3 0QZ
- Currock Post Office, 83 Blackwell Road, Currock, Carlisle CA2 4AJ
- Houghton Stores, 39 The Green, Houghton, Carlisle CA3 0LL
- Esso EG Currock, Currock Road, Carlisle CA2 4AS
- Esso EG Morton, 200 Wigton Road, Carlisle CA2 6JS
- Notmans, 125 Newlaithes Avenue, Carlisle CA2 6PP
The competition is part of a wider £125,000 drive across the UK headed by the charitable arm of the News & Star/Newsquest's parent company, The Gannett Foundation.